Due to the COVID-19 Virus. The League has implemented a Modified Season. Please click here to download the Modified Season Policies & Procedures.
Please click here to learn more about the League’s COVID-19 Modified Season.
Join Florida’s safest high school sport!
Schools and student athletes from across the state are invited to join the 2020 Spring League! Student athletes considering joining a team are required to earn a League-approved firearm safety certification. Existing teams may have limited availability to add new athletes – check with your school. New teams are only limited by the number of athletes that can be on a team as determined by coaching resources and shooting range capabilities.
- Now – March: Get team approved. Begin promoting new team. Acquire students. Hold open house to recruit students. Acquire coaches.
- February 3: Student athlete registration begins.
- March 23: Student athlete registration ends. All participants must complete the online League registration. Student athlete payment option is due.
- March 29: Practice Week 1. Each team will practice on their designated shooting day(s).
- April 3: Team registration payments are due for teams utilizing the team payment option.
- April 5: Practice Week 2.
- April 11: Registered student athletes without firearm certification are removed from rosters at midnight.
- April 12: Reserve Week. Scores are submitted via the coach’s Team Management System. These scores are saved for future use for the entire team if a team’s scheduled Competition Week is cancelled.
- April 16: Conferences announced. Championship registration opens.
- April 19: Competition Week 1. Shoot on your scheduled day(s) during the week and compete against all teams in your conference.
- April 26: Competition Week 2.
- May 3: Competition Week 3.
- May 4: Championship registration closes at 12:00 NOON CDT
- May 10: Competition Week 4.
- May 14: Tournament team registration payment option is due.
- May 17: Competition Week 5. Final team and individual results are published May 24th.
- May 24: Fun Week. Invite family and school officials. Host picnic. Try skeet shooting, sporting clays or games like Annie Oakley. Parents/school officials versus student athlete games. Have fun!!!
- May 24: Final season averages are available for athletes in their Shooter Performance Tracker. These averages are used for National Championship qualification determinations.
- June 1: National Championship individual and team competition registration begins. Please see http://usaclaytargetchampionship.com for more information. Registration closes when full.
- Florida State Tournament: June 2020 (TBD) – Qualifying athletes are invited to participate in the Florida State Tournament! Visit the State Tournament website for more information
- National Championship: July 8th-12th, 2020 – Mason, MI – Qualifying athletes are invited to participate in the USA High School Clay Target League’s National Championship! Visit the National Championship website for more information.